Monday, June 27, 2016

New meal prep recipe: Tuna Muffin Cups

Welp. Today has started my new BB program: The Master's Hammer & Chisel (I'll be referring to it as H&C quite a bit)! I mentioned my meal plan for this in my last post & as promised, here is the new recipe I said I was trying this week! I prepped tuna muffin cups for lunch this week, which I was super excited about.

These were actually very simple to make- not only ingredient-wise but throwing-together wise. It was quick except for the 30-minute baking part. And they pretty much turned out as yummy as they look, which is always good!


Serving size: 3 muffins
Recipe yield: 3 servings (9 muffins)

Ingredients:
2 cans drained tuna
3/4c diced green pepper
1/4c diced onion
1/4c diced carrots
1/4c chopped spinach (small pieces)
3/4c cheese
2 eggs
salt & pepper to taste (as well as any other spices you wanna throw in. I added garlic powder and used garlic sea salt instead of regular salt as usual)
*for the diced veggies, I bought shredded carrots and bagged spinach and used my pampered chef manual chopper to chop them smaller along with already diced onion/pepper to be sure all pieces were small enough*

Preparation:
1. Preheat Oven to 350.
2.Combine everything but the cheese into a bowl and mix well.
3. Use a muffin/cup cake pan and scoop mixture evenly into 9 cups.
4. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the muffin cups. To be precise, you can put the cheese into the blue container and spread evenly across 3 muffins to be sure you're sticking correctly to the plan- do this 3 times t accommodate for the 9 muffins.
5. Bake for about 30mins/until cheese is melted and crispy to your liking
6. Voila. Enjoy!

Hammer & chisel/21 day fix/fix extreme stats per serving (3 muffins):
1 Red, 1 Blue, 1/2 Green
Nutrition facts per serving:
Cals: 240
Total Fat: 14 g
   
   Saturated Fat: 6 g
    
   Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g
   Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g
   Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 182 mg    
Sodium: 478 mg     
Potassium: 335 mg     
Carbs: 6 g    
Dietary Fiber: 2 g     
Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 25 g    
Vitamin A 35 %
Vitamin C 5 %
Calcium 22 %
Iron 9 %
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment